1) Grace Followed By Desire, Action and Knowledge.
2) Knowledge is usually gained through experience.
"Pray the Office for Two Years. If you are still confused, you may need some help"
3) Liturgy is an encounter with God in the context of :
4) Psalms as Prayer
Daily Prayer of Judaism
Daily Prayer of Christ
Daily Prayer of the Church
5) To be Prayed Both Communally and Individually
Both are really the same thing
6) Praying the psalms engages the senses, both Physical and Spiritual
7) Prayer is part of our responsibility as Baptized Christians
8) Praying the Hours is preparation, individual and communal, for the coming of Christ
9) The action of Prayer leads to the reception of the Divine
10) Authenticity is the key to maintaining conscious contact with God
11) Habitual Prayer leads to increased attentiveness to:
12) Sacred Space must be established for prayer
Within our Schedules
Within our Communities (Churches)
Within our Homes (Physical space)
Within our Families (implicit permission to pray freely)
13) Conclude with Silence and Reverence
14) Do the red, Say the Black